Missouri S&T’s Fitness Center will close Saturday, May 12, to begin preparations for the facility’s expansion. Students and leaders broke ground for the construction project in April. It is slated for completion in April 2019.
All equipment currently in the fitness center will be moved out and relocated during construction. The cardio machines – which includes elliptical machines and stationary bicycles – will be set up in two of the racquetball courts and the squash court in the Student Recreation Center. Fitness Center staff will supervise these areas. S&T identification cards will be required to use the equipment.
We are sorry for the inconvenience and will make every effort to minimize it. Although this will create some challenges, when finished, the expansion of the Fitness Center will provide new and expanded opportunities for fitness activities for our campus community.
An agreement has been completed with The Centre, Rolla's Health & Recreation Complex, for Missouri S&T students. They may purchase a monthly membership at a significantly reduced rate while the S&T Fitness Center is closed. The opportunity with be available beginning in June for S&T students with a valid ID. The specifics of the agreement include:
- Rate: $25 per month (40% off the monthly adult rate and 26% off the 4-month student rate)
- Offer good through June 2018 through May 2019
- Must show a valid Missouri S&T student ID at the time of purchase
The benefits include:
- Access to the fitness floor, gymnasium, basketball courts, and indoor pool
- Free group fitness classes
The Centre is located ot 1200 Holloway St. in Rolla. The phone number is 573-341-2386.
Family Fitness (605 W. 8th Street in Rolla) is reducing their monthly rate to $25 for all S&T students, faculty , and staff while our facility is closed.
Vessell's Fitness (1910 N. Elm - behind IHOP) is offering students a $99 semester pass. Student ID is required. Visit: www.vessells.com for more information.
Promoting Lifelong Health and Fitness
From beginning exercisers to seasoned veterans, you’ll find everything you need at the S&T Fitness Center.
Our facility, equipment, programs and customer service is a valuable resource to assist you in reaching your health and fitness goals.
The Fitness Center is free for all actively enrolled S&T students and is also available to faculty/staff for a small monthly fee. A valid S&T ID card is required to access the Fitness Center as well as the Student Recreation Center.
Fall/Spring Hours of Operation
- Monday-Friday: 6:30 a.m.-10:45 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.-7:45 p.m.
- Sunday: 1:00 p.m.-10:45 p.m.
We are closed during the fall and spring commencements and have seasonal and special hours throughout the year.
- Always get your doctor’s approval before beginning any new exercise program.
- ALWAYS bring your valid ID card. All students enrolled in a current or future semester have access to the fitness center with their campus ID card. If you have a current ID card and it is not working at the fitness center, contact Andy Scholl or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have lost your ID card, contact the Miner Card ID office at 573-341-4996 or contact Kayla Klossner.
- Wipe-down the machines that you use with cleaning materials provided.
- You may check out a towel with your ID card.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are located on the 1st & 2nd floors of the fitness center.
- Day lockers are provided outside the Fitness Center. Simply bring your own lock & remove your items after your workout.
- All drinks must be in sealed containers.
- Weight machines are equipped with a dial at the top of the weight stack for added resistance ranging from 0-15 lbs.
- Be aware that regular semester peak usage begins around 3 p.m. Monday-Thursday and lasts until the facility closes.
These guidelines are designed to protect you and the facility. Failure to comply with the following rules may result in loss of privileges. Verbal and/or physical abuse of Fitness Center users or staff will be deferred to Campus Police.
- A current picture ID Card must be used to enter the facility and must be presented any time upon request. No one under 16 years of age is permitted in the Fitness Center.
- Participants exercise at their own risk. Be safe at all times. Always obtain a physician’s approval before starting any new exercise program.
- Always be courteous and respectful of others:
- Allow others to work in or take turns on any piece of equipment.
- There is a 30 minute time limit on all cardio equipment when others are waiting.
- Wipe down the equipment you use. Towels are available for check-out at the service counter.
- Do not drop or slam weights on the floor. Keep weights away from mirrors.
- Plates and dumbbells must be returned to the proper racks. Do not leave any weights or bars on the floor.
- Place all used and dirty towels in the proper bins.
- Profane, loud, or disrespectful language or noise will not be tolerated.
- Appropriate attire is required: shirts, shorts or sweats, and athletic shoes must be worn (no sandals, boots, or bare feet).
- Personal items (books, backpacks, or clothing) are to be stored outside the room. Missouri S&T is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Do not rest dumbbells or weights on upholstered benches or step on them.
- Collars are highly recommended when lifting free weights.
- No food allowed in facility. Drinks (or liquids) must be in capped bottles.
- Please direct all questions, concerns, and maintenance needs to a weight-staff person on duty. Report any injuries immediately.
For questions or more information, call 573-341-7594 or email Andy Scholl.