Missouri University of Science and Technology
Intramural Turf Field Policy
This field is designated for use by the Missouri S&T Community. Faculty/Staff/Students may be required to show proof of University ID to utilize the field. Anyone without proper ID may be asked to leave the area. Failure to comply with these rules will result in users being asked to leave and / or loss of privileges.
The following are PROHIBITED:
- Metal cleats – use only rubber or plastic cleats
- Penetrating the turf with stakes, flags, or other materials
- Tobacco and Alcohol Products of any kind
- Except water, all food and beverage products, including gum and shelled seeds or nuts
- Glass bottles or glass containers of any type
- Marking lines on the turf with paint, tape, etc.
- Roller blades, cycles of any kind, skateboards, and strollers
- chairs, canopies, tables
- Fence climbing & activities that can damage the fence including hanging or attaching equipment to the fences
- Firearms, weapons or any other illegal item
- Fireworks or any open flame
- Golfing, shot putting, javelin or discus throwing
- Unauthorized use of model planes or rockets
- Unauthorized vehicles
- Spitting on the turf field
- Suntan lotions, oils or creams of any kind - Please apply sunblock prior to entering the turf area
- Formal practice without prior approval from Athletic Department Staff
- Trespassers are subject to arrest
The following rules should be acknowledged by all users:
- DO NOT MOVE SOCCER GOALS.Goals have been placed by the athletic department for maximum efficiency for open rec play and can only be moved by the athletic department. Anyone moving goals will be asked to leave and lose privileges
- Please deposit all trash in trash receptacles
- Fall and Spring Semester
- Monday - Friday: 10 am - 10:30 pm
- Saturday: 10 am - 7:30 pm
- Sunday: 1 pm - 10:30 pm
- Summer and Break Hours
- Monday - Friday: 10 am - 7:30 pm
- Saturday: 10 am - 7:30 pm
- Sunday: Closed
- Field will be closed when the campus is closed or at the discretion of the Athletic Department
Reservations: Will not be permitted at this time. To reserve other facilities please use this link: http://studentrec.mst.edu/reservations/
Priority of field use is as follows:
- Athletic and Recreation Department sponsored events
- Open Recreation
- North Field is designated for soccer (field lined in Black, closest to the Multi-Purpose Building)
- South Field is designated for other activities (Football, Frisbee)
- All activities are first-come first-serve. Activities should include all those who wish to participate. An activity should not exceed one hour if another group is waiting to play something different.
Athletics and Recreation will make all decisions pertaining to field and weather conditions and reserves the right to close the turf field and/or cancel activities at any time. In case of inclement weather (lightning, high winds, etc.), all activity will stop and the field will be cleared for safety purposes.
Lost or Stolen Items
Athletics and Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Check the Student Rec Center for lost and found items.
All recreation participants are required to adhere to the Rules of Conduct as outlined in the University's Handbook
TURF FIELD USER’S RESPONSIBILITIES
CLEANLINESS: because the turf is not regenerated like natural grass, anything left on the turf remains there, posing health and safety hazards as well as general degradation of the turf. Please clean up after your activity!!!
- You are responsible to leave the field as clean and ready for the next user. When you are done, please inspect the field and remove anything left by your players or spectators, such as trash, athletic tape, or equipment. Be very careful to remove all mouth guards left by players (a biological hazard). Have your participants walk the field in a line at the end of their event.
- Cleaning spills and participant fluids:
a. Spills of foreign substances should be removed as quickly as possible. Thoroughly rinse any cleaning attempts to avoid slippery areas that could result in injury. Contact the Athletics and Recreation Department for assistance on this.
- In the event that a user has left the fields without cleaning up or has allowed sunflower seeds and/or gum onto the field turf. A cleaning fee may be charged and privileges may be lost.
- Hazardous Waste:
a. In the event of an accident or injury resulting in bodily fluids onto turf: STOP ALL ACTIVITY, CONTACT THE ATHLETICS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT FOR PROPER CLEAN-UP. You may resume play once hazardous area is cleaned up.
Vandalism to property, equipment or the fields will not be tolerated. These actions will lead to Police and/or University action and loss of privileges