- Always get your doctor’s approval before beginning any new exercise program.
- ALWAYS bring your valid ID card. All students enrolled in a current or future semester have access to the fitness center with their campus ID card. If you have a current ID card and it is not working at the fitness center, contact Andy Scholl or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have lost your ID card, contact the Miner Card ID office at 573-341-4996.
- Wipe-down the machines that you use with cleaning materials provided.
- You may check out a towel with your ID card.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are located on the 1st & 2nd floors of the fitness center.
- Day lockers are provided outside the Fitness Center. Simply bring your own lock & remove your items after your workout.
- All drinks must be in sealed containers.
- Items like weight belts, wrist wraps, gloves, chalk, el.al. should be part of you personal gear bag. Chalk should be used sparingly so you can easily clean up after yourself.
- Squat racks are for compound (multi-joint) exercises. Do not tie-up a squat rack for arm curls.
- Be aware that regular semester peak usage begins around 3 p.m. Monday-Thursday and lasts until the facility closes.
These guidelines are designed to protect you and the facility. Failure to comply with the following rules may result in loss of privileges. Verbal and/or physical abuse of Fitness Center users or staff will be deferred to Campus Police.
- A current picture ID Card must be used to enter the facility and must be presented any time upon request. No one under 16 years of age is permitted in the Fitness Center.
- Participants exercise at their own risk. Be safe at all times. Always obtain a physician’s approval before starting any new exercise program.
- Always be courteous and respectful of others:
- Allow others to work in or take turns on any piece of equipment.
- There is a 30 minute time limit on all cardio equipment when others are waiting.
- Wipe down the equipment you use. Towels are available for check-out at the service counter.
- Do not drop or slam weights on the floor. Keep weights away from mirrors.
- Plates and dumbbells must be returned to the proper racks. Do not leave any weights or bars on the floor.
- Place all used and dirty towels in the proper bins.
- Profane, loud, or disrespectful language or noise will not be tolerated.
- Appropriate attire is required: shirts, shorts or sweats, and athletic shoes must be worn (no sandals, boots, or bare feet).
- Personal items (books, backpacks, or clothing) are to be stored outside the room. Missouri S&T is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Do not rest dumbbells or weights on upholstered benches or step on them.
- Collars are highly recommended when lifting free weights.
- No food allowed in facility. Drinks (or liquids) must be in capped bottles.
- Please direct all questions, concerns, and maintenance needs to a weight-staff person on duty. Report any injuries immediately.
For questions, call 573-341-4398 (Desk), 573-341-7594 (Andy), or email Andy Scholl (email@example.com).